ND BioSciences is seeking an experienced, motivated and detail-oriented research associate with strong foundation and experience in protein biochemistry or protein biophysics to join our protein biochemistry and discovery group.
The successful research associate will work with senior scientists on several projects aimed at 1) developing and validating new protein-based assays and discovery platforms; 2) producing and using protein libraries and protein-based reagents and tools to support various discovery, screening, validation and mechanistic projects; and 3) developing and optimizing methods and protocols for producing range of proteins and peptides at different scales.
- Develop and execute biochemical assays to discover, test and validate novel targets and drug candidates.
- Support mechanism-of-action studies.
- Perform a range of experiments using biochemical and biophysical techniques to support different projects within ND BioSciences.
- Protein expression and purification
- Characterization of proteins and protein complexes using a range of biochemical and biophysical techniques (Western blots, circular dichroism, UV-Vis, Biacore)
- Preparation, maintenance and management of peptide and protein libraries.
- Perform routine laboratory experiments, including designing experiments, review and analysis of data and prepare protocols and reports.
- Present research and development activities and results at internal meetings and support team efforts to publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Maintain, clear, complete and up-to-date lab notebook and documentation of all experiments, results and reports.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, and compliance with international standards adopted by ND BIoSciences.
- Training of junior staff.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in academia or industry.
- Candidate without BS/MS degrees and more than 5 years’ experience in the relevant field are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong foundation Proficiency in
protein expression, purification and characterization techniques.
- Protein expression in E. coil and in mammalian cells
- Proficiency and hands-on in protein expression and purification methods, including experience with different chromatography methods and instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with analytical methods, including UV-Vis, HPLCS, UPLC, electrophoresis and LC-MS.
- Experience with ligand binding assays and/or analytical ultracentrifugation techniques is a plus.
- Previous experience and track record in purification of alpha-synuclein and/or Tau and/or Huntigtin is highly desirable.
- Previous experience and track record in aggregation analysis and characterization of alpha-synuclein and/or Tau and/or TDP43 is highly desirable.
- Interest and willingness to learn new techniques and experimental approaches.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to trouble-shoot, multitask, prioritize, and work within timelines.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse multidisciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in Mircosoft Office and basic writing and reporting softwares.
- Being Swiss or eligible for Swiss work permit is a plus.
About ND BioSciences
ND BioSciences is a biotechnology company that was founded with the mission of developing and providing innovative technologies, solutions, tools, assays, and services to accelerate the development of early diagnostics and therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
At ND BioSciences we believe that early detection and prevention is key to developing effective and personalized therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, our primary focus is neurodegenerative diseases with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and Tauopathies, Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and Synucleinopathies, Huntington’s Disease (HD), and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
To apply, please send an email with the posting ID in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted by phone or email to set up a phone or in person interview.