ND BioSciences is seeking an experienced, motivated and detail-oriented research associate with strong foundation and experience in molecular and cell biology to join our screening and discovery team. The successful research associate will work with senior scientists on several projects aimed at: 1) developing novel cellular assays and disease models, and 2), discovering, validating and testing novel targets and drug candidates for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Develop and execute cell-based, phenotypic, and biochemical assays to discover, test and validate novel targets and drug candidates.
- Support mechanism-of-action studies.
- Perform a range of experiments using molecular biology and cell biology techniques to support different projects within ND BioSciences.
- Preparation and maintenance of primary neurons, iPSC-derived neurons and mammalian tissue culture and stable cell-line generation.
- Perform routine laboratory experiments, including designing experiments, review and analysis of data and preparation of protocols and reports.
- Present research and development activities and results at internal meetings and support team efforts to publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Maintain, clear, complete and up-to-date lab notebook and documentation of all experiments, results and reports.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, and compliance with international standards adopted by ND BioSciences.
- Training of junior staff.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in academia or industry.
- Candidate without BS/MS degrees and more than 5 years’ experience in the relevant field are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong proficiency in molecular
biology and cell biology techniques
- Designing and implementing cloning strategies.
- Gene knockdown and overexpression.
- Phenotypic screening assays.
- Biochemical analysis of RNA and protein levels.
- Confocal microscopy and/or high content imaging.
- Mammalian cell culture, and preparation of primary neurons.
- Experience in assay development, drug testing, operation of liquid handling robotics, automated cell analyses and high content screening is a plus, but is not required.
Knowledge and experience in Crisper/cas9 gene editing, and culturing/differentiating IPSCs into neurons is a plus.
- Interest and willingness to learn new techniques and experimental approaches.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to trouble-shoot, multitask, prioritize, and work within timelines.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse multidisciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package and basic writing, graphing and reporting softwares.
- Being Swiss or eligible for Swiss work permit is a plus.
About ND BioSciences
ND BioSciences is a biotechnology company that was founded with the mission of developing and providing innovative technologies, solutions, tools, assays, and services to accelerate the development of early diagnostics and therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
At ND BioSciences we believe that early detection and prevention is key to developing effective and personalized therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, our primary focus is neurodegenerative diseases with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and Tauopathies, Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and Synucleinopathies, Huntington’s Disease (HD), and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
To apply, please send an email with the posting ID in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted by phone or email to set up a phone or in person interview.