ND BioSciences is seeking an experienced scientist with a track record in immunoassay development and validation to join our biomarkers and diagnostic development team.
You will lead and participate in projects aimed at the development and validation of novel assays aimed at detection and quantification of protein biomarkers associated with neurodegenerative diseases. An important focus will be the development of assays that enable sensitive and accurate quantification of multiple disease-associated forms of Alpha-Synuclein, Tau and TDP-43.
You are also expected to participate and provide technical and intellectual input to advance other assay and diagnostic development programs.
- Develop, optimize, validate and execute different types of immunoassays for accurate and sensitive detection and quantification of protein biomarkers in human tissues and biological fluids.
- Develop and execute biochemical and cell-based assays to validate novel targets.
- Use different immunoassay platforms to conduct biomarker discovery and validation studies.
- Oversee the validation of assay performance across the various analytical metrices, including specificity, sensitivity, reproducibility, limit of detection, and other analytical parameters.
- Perform routine laboratory experiments, including designing experiments, review and analysis of data and prepare protocols and reports.
- Act as the technical leader/coordinator on specific collaborative projects, externally funded programs and contracts.
- Present research and development activities and results at internal and external meetings and support team efforts to publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Consult and keep up with the scientific literature in the relevant field and as needed.
- Maintain, clear, complete and up-to-date lab notebook and documentation of all experiments, results and reports.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, and compliance with international standards adopted by ND BioSciences.
- Be in charge of ordering and stocking of material/reagents for immunoassay establishment.
- Training of junior staff.
- Master or PhD degree with demonstrated experience and track record in the development, optimization, validation and execution of immunoassays for biomarker discovery and as diagnostics.
- Strong understanding of protein biochemistry, biochemical concepts and immunoassays and biochemical assays.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use and application of different immunoassay platforms for biomarker discovery and validation and diagnostic purposes (ELISA).
- Experience in handling and processing of human tissues and biological fluids for biomarker discovery.
- Basic experience in cell culture is a plus.
- Industry experience is a plus, but is not required.
- Knowledge and experience in protein post-translational modifications, misfolding and aggregation or neurodegenerative diseases is a plus.
- Proven ability to design, execute and interpret critical experiments independently.
- Expertise in Ligand binding assays.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment and to be an effective team player.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Being Swiss or eligible for Swiss work permit is a plus.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Research and Development.
About ND BioSciences
ND BioSciences is a biotechnology company that was founded with the mission of developing and providing innovative technologies, solutions, tools, assays, and services to accelerate the development of early diagnostics and therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
At ND BioSciences we believe that early detection and prevention is key to developing effective and personalized therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, our primary focus is neurodegenerative diseases with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and Tauopathies, Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and Synucleinopathies, Huntington’s Disease (HD), and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
To apply, please send an email with the posting ID in the subject line to email@example.com If your qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted by phone or email to set up a phone or in person interview.