ND BioSciences is seeking an experienced scientist with a demonstrated track record of achievements in protein biochemistry, protein biophysics and/or structural biology to join our protein science and discovery team. In addition to overseeing the development of protein-based discovery platforms, the successful candidate will also play central roles in supporting other assay development, drug discovery and biochemical and imaging biomarker programs
You are also expected to participate and provide technical and intellectual input to advance other assay development, drug discovery and diagnostic programs.
- Expression and purification of proteins from different sources and for different projects led by or supported by ND BioSciences.
- Characterization of proteins using different biophysical methods.
- Oversee the development, optimization and validation of protein aggregation assays and methods to detect and quantify protein aggregates in biological tissues and fluids.
- Perform comprehensive studies to elucidate the mode of action of novel targets or drugs developed by ND BioSciences or by our clients or partners.
- Oversee the generation of proteins, protein standards and related reagents to support ND BioSciences assay and biomarker development programs.
- Provide support to PET tracers development programs.
- Perform routine laboratory experiments, including designing experiments, review and analysis of data and prepare protocols and reports.
- Act as the technical leader/coordinator on specific collaborative projects, externally funded program and contracts.
- Present research and development activities and results at internal and external meetings and support team efforts to publish the results in peer-reviewed journal.
- Maintain, clear, complete and up-to-date lab notebook and documentation of all experiments, results and reports.
- Consult and keep up with the scientific literature in the relevant field and as needed.
- Training of junior staff.
- PhD degree in biochemistry, biophysics, biological sciences or related discipline.
- Strong foundation in protein biochemistry, biophysical characterization of proteins and/or structural biology.
- Demonstrated experience and track record in the development, optimization and troubleshooting of protocols for protein expression, purification, chemical modification and characterization.
- Strong foundation in protein-protein and protein-small molecule interactions.
- Industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in protein misfolding and aggregation or neurodegenerative diseases is a plus.
- Previous experience and track record in purification of alpha-synuclein and/or Tau and/or TDP43 is highly desirable.
- Previous experience and track record in aggregation analysis and characterization of alpha-synuclein and/or Tau and/or TDP43 is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to design, execute and interpret critical experiments independently.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to trouble-shoot, multitask, prioritize, and work within timelines.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse multidisciplinary teams.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, and compliance with international standards adopted by ND BioSciences.
- Being Swiss or eligible for Swiss work permit is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in Mass Spectrometric analysis of proteins, electron microscopy and/or analytical ultracentrifugation methods.
- Experience in the field of protein posttranslational modifications.
- Experience in chemical synthesis or semisynthesis of proteins.
About ND BioSciences
ND BioSciences is a biotechnology company that was founded with the mission of developing and providing innovative technologies, solutions, tools, assays, and services to accelerate the development of early diagnostics and therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
At ND BioSciences we believe that early detection and prevention is key to developing effective and personalized therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, our primary focus is neurodegenerative diseases with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and Tauopathies, Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and Synucleinopathies, Huntington’s Disease (HD), and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
To apply, please send an email with the posting ID in the subject line to email@example.com
If your qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted by phone or email to set up a phone or in person interview.